The Electrical Department of GNIET was established in the year 2009 is one of the best teaching and research centres in shaping the students to become entrepreneurs and corporate heads. Electrical is one of the core branch of Engineering. The department has emphasized on continuous improvement of faculty and students providing periodic training and continuous up gradation of laboratories with latest advancement. The department has highly experienced faculty members from industrial background with specialization in the area of Power System, Control System and Instrumentation. The branch provides a solid foundation in the electrical field and software field. It trains student for the dynamic and rapidly changing market for computing, information systems and products.
Electrical Engineering programme aims at developing enterprising professionals who have an innovative disposition, the confidence and abilities to assume leadership roles in technology and business community. The programme is designed to impart skills essential for graduate engineers to become immediately employable in the global competitive environment.
To produce globally competent technocrats in the field of electrical engineering capable of accepting challenges, serve the nation for the growth of stakeholders.
- To transform rural and under privileged students into skilled, globally competent and ethical professionals in the field of Electrical Engineering and improving the individuals’ quality of life, their family, industries and the society.
- To implement a curriculum that involves analytical tools, design techniques and efficient management principles to bridge the gap between academia, research and industry.
- To nurture their sustainability in such a way that they predict the dynamics and appropriately accommodate themselves in changing market scenario through Industry – Institute Interaction for innovation and product development.
PEO-I: Preparation: To prepare students to succeed in employment/profession and/or to pursue post graduate and research educations in Electrical Engineering discipline in particular and allied Engineering discipline in general.
PEO-II: Core Competence: To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems requiring knowledge of Electrical Engineering.
PEO-III: Breadth: To prepare students with engineering breadth to innovate, design, and develop software products and to contribute in providing solutions related to multidisciplinary real life problems.
PEO-IV: Professionalism: To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills and team work to become a successful professional.
PEO-V: Learning Environment: To provide students with an academic environment that makes them aware of excellence and lifelong learning in emerging technologies.
1) Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2) Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3) Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4) Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5) Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6) The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7) Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8) Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9) Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10) Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11) Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12) Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Energy Conservation Auditors
- Energy managers
- Power generation, Transmission and Distribution Area
- Power Equipment manufacturing Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Process Control Engineer
- Quality assurance and testing Engineer
- Research & Development Engineer
- Government organizations, Army, UPSC etc
- Electrical Engineering Laboratory
- Network Analysis Laboratory
- Electrical Machines Laboratory
- Control System Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- Switch gear and protection laboratory
- High Voltage Engg laboratory
- A.E.E.D laboratory
Mr. Rajendra Bhombe
Mr. Pradeep Barde
Ms. Sneha Jethani
Ms. Diksha Khare
Mr. Akshay Pillewan
Ms. Syeda Saba Khan
Ms. Archana Priyadarshini
Mr. Yogesh Likhar
Mr. Ankush Kosare
Ms. Kavita Patil
Ms. Harsha Hood
Ms. Arpita Tekade
Ms. Tripti Gajbhiye
Mr. Vikash Kashyap
Ms. Tejaswita Ilamkar
Ms. Juhi Gaddam
Ms. Rutuja Zade
Mrs. Tejaswi Amte
Mr. Hitesh Murkute
Mr. Tukaram Zunjarkar
Ms. Sneha Masarkar
Mr. Rahul Ade