GNIT has a Career Counselling Cell that offers supportive and conducive environment for any student with personal issues or challenges to seek help and guidance from a professional counselor. The departmental staff and the Training and Placements department is also involved in the process when career related matter is to be dealt with. The role of Career counselor is to offer support to the students to deal with a wide range of concerns, it may be academic, personal, emotional, family or peer related through counselling. Counselor will meet students and their parents as and when needed.
To give the student information on matters important to success.
1. To get information about student which will be of help in solving his problems.
2. To establish a feeling of mutual understanding between student and teacher.
3. To help the student work out a plan for solving his difficulties.
4. To help the student know himself better-his interests, abilities, aptitudes, and opportunities .
5. To encourage and develop special abilities and right attitudes.
6. To inspire successful endeavor toward attainment.
7. To assist the student in planning for educational and vocational choices.