The Electronics and Telecommunication at graduate level is a combination of Electronics & Telecommunication systems that conducts research and education in a broad range of activities.
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering is one of the largest and fastest growing industries and has crept into every sphere of human life, from your pocket FM radio to televisions, computers, mobile phones, from bikes to airplanes, missiles, fighter planes and ships and even the high-end satellites that are helping us in every path,thus increasing its scope manifolds.
The department is established in 2007 and the intake is 120 students per academic year.The primary objective of the department has been to impart quality education. In order to ensure high standards of education for its students, the department has well-equipped and fully furnished laboratories to supplement the theory courses like the Basic Electronics Lab, the Microprocessor Lab, Microwave Engineering Lab and Digital Signal Processing Lab, VLSI Lab, wireless communication lab. The Department has highly qualified and competent faculty members.
The department is concerned about the professional needs of the students and arranges various in-house events such as technical events, seminars, Personality Development classes, workshops, conferences etc. Guest lectures of internationally renowned speakers from IITs, NITs and other regional Engineering colleges are recurrently organized to inform students about the latest developments in the field of electronics.
It also has a student’s association to promote extracurricular activities apart from studies to build up over all personality of students. The department endeavors to inculcate innovative skills & build up the confidence level of students for preparing them to face challenges of tomorrow.
The aim of the program is to promote the development and innovation in students that are needed to make significant advances in scientific and technological understanding, of electronic and telecommunication systems in the wider sense. It is concerned with applying knowledge in electronics to facilitate communication and solve engineering problems.
The curriculum is organized such that it enables students to get a strong foundation on various aspects of electronics and telecommunication engineering such as digital systems design, electromagnetic theory, digital signal processing, microprocessors and microcontrollers, electronic circuits, VLSI design, digital communication, analog communication, control engineering, and microwave engineering.
To be recognized by the society at large as an excellent department, offering quality higher education in the Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering field with research focus catering to the needs of the public and being in tune with the advancing technological revolution and changing cultural challenges.
To achieve the vision the department will
• Establish a unique learning environment to enable the students to face the challenges of the
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering field.
• Promote the establishment of centres of excellence in niche technology areas to nurture the
spirit of innovation and creativity among faculty and students.
• Provide ethical and value based education by promoting activities addressing the societal
• Enable students to develop skills to solve complex technological problems of current times
and also provide a framework for promoting collaborative and multidisciplinary activities.
Graduates should :
1. Establish successfully as an engineers in electronics, telecommunication and allied industries.
2. Become responsive to community needs.
3. Conduct with high ethical standards in profession.
4. Pursue higher studies to foster learning and understanding in an ever widening sphere of technology and management
5. Expand knowledge and capabilities through lifelong learning experiences
After completion of graduation in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, the graduates
should be able to:
1. Solve complex engineering problems by applying knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles
2. Identify, formulate and analyze engineering problem methodically to reach proper conclusions
3. Design a system, component, or process to meet desired technical, safety, health and environmental specifications
4. Design and conduct experiment, analyze and interpret results to get appropriate conclusions
5. Design, simulate, analyze and implement electronics systems of varying complexity by using appropriate techniques and tools
6. Infer impact of health, safety, legal and societal issues on engineering profession
7. Assess the impact of technical decisions on sustainable development of society and environment
8. Adapt professional, ethical and moral responsibilities
9. Work as a leader or productive member of multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams 10.Communicate effectively through reports, presentations and discussions within both the technical domain and the community at large
11.Apply the principles of project management both as a member and a team leader for project development.
12.Learn independently and be ready for a lifelong learning to face increasing challenges and responsibilities
- Rail industry & Telecoms
- Broadcasting professional engineer Audio engineer
- Electronics industry & Fast moving consumer goods industry Utilities industry
- Teaching field
- Research & Devlopment
- Government sectors (BSNL,MTNL, MSEB, DMRC ,BHEL, ISRO, DRDO, AIR, Indian Air force, Indian Navy, Railways, Bharat Electronics Ltd, Banks etc.)
- Private sectors (Accenture, Wipro, HCL Technologies, NVidia, Samsung, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, TCS, Conexant, Siemens, Motorola, Intel, Texas Instruments, Flextronics and Philips Electronics etc.)
FORUMS are an integral part of a student’s life, they are avenues to enrich to express oneself in an area of one’s choice. Mainly functions as an interface between the student community and the members of faculty. Some of the other functions include:
- Organizing events that include celebrating festivals at different points of the year, Orientation of freshers, Teacher’s day are the main events in the year.
- Communicating important information from the department management to the scholars
- Keeping track of research scholar activities